A&W Root Beer

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=263-A-W-Root-Beer-Clone

amp, article, bee, beer, budget, budget101, clone, comic, content, good, kids, page, root, root beer, size, tent, url, view, wait, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=263-a-w-root-beer-clone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A&W Root Beer

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: A&W Root Beer

~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds good--I can't wait to try it for the kids.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I look forward to trying this recipe with Vanilla Ice Cream .... yummy

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where do you find Rootbeer concentrate?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A&W Root Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah_D View Post
    I'm guessing you could find it at a restaurant supply store like Cash & Carry (Smart & Final).

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seeing as this is a bit of an older thread, I hope you found the answer you were looking for. If not, there are several sources for extracts.

McCormik's makes an extract you can get in the spice section of your local grocery store.

You can also get extracts from your local home wine and beer brewing store. They will have a variety of other extracts as well, including Sasparilla, orange soda, cola, and a variety of others.

I have not tried this method of making rootbeer, but I have tried the "home brewer method" which is to mix the ingredents, put in glass bottles with yeast and sugar, and let it sit for a few days. The yeast will generate carbondioxide and carbonate the rootbeer. With kids around, this could be a bit dangerous as too much carbonation can turn the bottles in to small shrapnel grenades.

If you wan to get real technical with it, you can go with the method I intend to do. That is to use what is called a cornealius keg (the old pepsi and coke type soda kegs) with a CO2 system to force carbonate the root beer. This is great for parties and picnics. You can get kegs from 2.5 to 15 gallons and various ways to use co2 to carbonate and dispense. Put the keg in a bucket of ice and salt water, hook up the CO2 and use a "picnic" dispenser and you're read to go.

There I go, rambling again, hope this helps you out a bit.

Steve

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you decide to go with the glass bottling method, you will need additional supplies and equipment.

1. Bottles, empty, cleaned, sanitized beer bottls (pop off cap type) work just fine. You can buy new bottlels for around $15 per case at you local brew store.

2. caps, the metal crown type pop off caps (usually a couple bucks for more than enough)

3. sanitizer. I use a product called starsan. There are others out there, also available at your home brew store.

You can also use plastic bottles, however, I found the caps to be prohibitively expensive compared to the metal crown caps. The bottles are a bit cheaper, but, you more than make up the cost in the caps.

4. a capper. This is a red, two handled plastic device and costs about $25 new.

Check craigslist for used supplies and equipment. try searching for homebrew or home brew or brewing.

Steve

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Root Beer concentrate is available on Amazon.com
    Please Note~ A&W contains Pure Vanilla Extract you might add 1/2 teaspoon. Minty67

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast