P90X - An informercial you can actually believe!

DH and I bought P90X last year 3 months prior to a beach vacation and in 90 days, we watched our bodies completely transform! Before P90X, we both had gym memberships and found it hard to get out of the house and go after working all day. We canceled our gym memberships, bought P90X for about

breakfast, challenge, eat, fan, guide, house, magazine, nei, nutrition, perfect, recommendation, ride, sausage, shape, sleeping, sounds, today, week, weight, works, p90x, memberships, months, $120, bought, back, looked, canceled, tons, saved, money, equivalent, working, lives, hard, year, prior, informercial, beach, vacation, found, transform, completely, days, watched, bodies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default P90X - An informercial you can actually believe!

DH and I bought P90X last year 3 months prior to a beach vacation and in 90 days, we watched our bodies completely transform! Before P90X, we both had gym memberships and found it hard to get out of the house and go after working all day. We canceled our gym memberships, bought P90X for about 0 and haven't looked back since. Not only did P90X help us get into the best shape of our lives, but it also has saved us tons o' money... 0 is equivalent to about 2 months of gym memberships for the both of us.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Creditnet For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Re: P90X - An informercial you can actually believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Creditnet View Post
    Not only did P90X help us get into the best shape of our lives, but it also has saved us tons o' money...
    Wow, that's awesome, we'd all love to see Before and After Pictures of your (& your dh) Success . . .
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: P90X - An informercial you can actually believe!

Ahh! I'm not daring enough to post before and after pictures, but I will say, the ones you see online and on the infomercial are accurate!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you explain the Nutritional Plan to me please!

Thanks!

Cherlynn

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am also interested

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the nutritional plan is ESSENTIAL for great results. Although, you'll still see results even if you don't follow it. Basically, you'll eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. The plan shows you what you can eat every single day, but you can easily mix and match. For example, breakfast on Mon could be a protein shake made with skim milk or low fat soy milk. Breakfast on Tue could be a soy sausage with one slice of toast, Wed could be steel cut oatmeal with cranberries, etc. However, I simply had a protein shake every morning because it was the fastest and easiest to make. The plan also gives you recipes. Some recipes I enjoyed were turkey burgers, meatloaf, salmon, soy sauce and honey chicken thighs, chicken salad, tuna salad, island pork tenderloin... the list goes on.

And then for snacks, you can have turkey jerky, soy nuts, protein bar, etc., and then plan tells you how much of it to eat (i.e. 4 oz., 2 oz.)

I would say the plan is not easy, at first, but you quickly get the hang of it. And it takes time to buy and prepare all the meals, but like I said, you'll find which meals you like and you can easily rotate through those meals. If anything, it's fun to try new recipes that you know are good for you.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds rather intriguing. DS and I have decided to take the p90x Challenge and, on your recommendation, ordered it today. I'll let you know how it works!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

**Update**

Truth be told, I loved it, for the first week. Then, as time pressed on, I HATED it. I found it extremely difficult to fit in an hour of jumping around in my small living room. It's not the kind of exercise you can do while everyone else is asleep because you're jumping and jogging, etc. So, if you're hoping to squeeze in a workout while the fam is sleeping, dream on, unless of course your house is the taj Mahal.

I found the Nutrition guide to be fairly plain. I like to cook and I love to eat, neither of which are good if you're sucking down a "soy shake" for breakfast or A piece of toast with a soy sausage. While I'm on the subject, I am NOT a fan of SOY Anything. I know it works for some people, I just am NOT one of them.
    the p90x system Does actually work, but it's not for "losing weight" and getting into shape. It's for people who are already in shape and want to "cut" to have magazine perfect bodies. It's for people who have copious amounts of time to spend working out.
    I consider myself to be fairly athletic, I workout on a regular basis, I ride horses regularly, go rock climbing, and often work in construction with dh, framing, roofing, etc. This system just didn't do it for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast