Whole Wheat Pancakes- Breakfast Ideas

Whole Wheat Pancakes:goodOne: 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/8 tsp salt 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 cup low-fat buttermilk 2 tbs honey Whisk whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk and

360, answered, cake, cakes, concern, don, egg, fire, ingredients, liss, minutes, mix, mos, pancake, pancakes, safe, small, stick, stir, wheat, baking, buttermilk, cook, honey, bowl, powder, flour, soda, batter, salt, griddle, heat, frying, medium-high, cupfuls, drop, calories, servings, flip, edges, begin, nonstick, bubbles, whisk, whole-wheat, medium, low-fat, beaten, pancakesgoodone, lightly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scissors Whole Wheat Pancakes

Whole Wheat Pancakes
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup low-fat buttermilk
    2 tbs honey
    Whisk whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk and honey. Make a well in dry ingredients and stir in egg and buttermilk mixture. Allow batter to rest for a few minutes. Preheat griddle to 375 degrees or set a nonstick frying pan to medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls on to griddle or pan. Cook until the edges begin to dry and bubbles appear in the pancakes. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. 8 servings = 185 calories.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whole Wheat Pancakes

Very nice recipe! I will have to try this healthier version Thanks!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh, I hope so! tell me how you like it I get to have this next week for breakfast...twice! LOL! (just to let you know if you haven't followed my boring menu plans since I've been dieting.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We switched to total whole grains over 3 years ago. Now we can't stand to eat regular white flour, pasta, rice stuff. It's like eating paste most of the time! Greatly reduces our wanting to eat out!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

MOS, I am actually going to try it tonight for "Brinner" (breakfast-dinner). I will let you know how it works out. BTW where is your diet menU? I have been trying to do better with our meals this year...kind of a resolution.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jaimie, look in the menu forum and just look for three separate weeks of 'diet' in the title. if you want a boring, but very cheap, diet...this one's for you! LOL!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Mos, the pancakes were a huge success last night. Even dh loved them. I had a little trouble flipping them, but it could have just been an off night for me LOL. Thanks for the great recipe...I will check out the menu form.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

yay! I love success stories! now that you have DH eating them, make a sandwich for him that's delicious and healthy. Morning Star (use the coupons) makes a BBQ riblet. sandwich that between two of those pancakes...yum! this is how I got DEXH to eat 'non-meat!' LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast