1/4 lb bulk breakfast sausage
    10-oz can enchilada sauce
    1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (Mexican cheese) or farmer cheese
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
    16-oz can large, flaky biscuits or buttermilk or make your own

1 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
    1 tbs parsley
    Heat oven to 350F. Spray 8x8- or 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, the queso fresco, sour cream and onions. Set aside. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into medium bowl. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each into 8 pieces. Gently stir dough pieces into enchilada sauce to coat. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish. Spread evenly. Drain sausage on paper towels. Sprinkle sausage evenly on top of biscuit pieces. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over top. Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set and edges are deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over top. Return to oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. 6 servings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tex-Mex Breakfast Bake

Got our permanent 133 day menu done and getting ready to start our permanent breakfast menu now so collecting breakfast recipes now until we finish up! This sounds yummy! I love Mexican foods-- drives my kids crazy! The main reason they liked going to the permanent menu plan-- no longer having tacos each week! Now if I can mix in some breakfast treats for me!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tex-Mex Breakfast Bake

what?! don't your children like tacos? I love Mexican food (and Italian and Chinese and...<G>). I have to drive by Taco Bell with the windows rolled up because if I smell it, my stomach takes control of the car and I find myself at the drive-up window! LOL!
    this is a great weekend or non-school day breakfast when you don't have to scurry to get everyone out of the door. but then, you are so organized, you probably don't have to scurry! LOL!