Originally posted by Nancy Ann on April 24, 2003
Cosmetic Question

I've never tried this, but I heard that Preparation H helps shrink bags under eyes. Use with caution as you would anything you put near your eye.

Originally posted by Jackie on April 24, 2003

I've heard applying Preparation H beneath your eyes (careful not to get in your eyes) reduces swelling. I haven't tried it myself but am considering it for sure! Don't try it though if you have sensitivities to green peppers.

Originally posted by Cindy Sue on April 24, 2003

There are several things you can try cooled steeped Tea bags or slices of cucumbers. anything cooling would also help but a good nights sleep is the best remedy.

Originally posted by Sussi on April 24, 2003

Yes, it works great, but greasy looking. A good temp fix is egg white - put a thin layer on and hide it with make-up. Sussi

Originally posted by Lindsey on April 24, 2003

I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but Preparation H is a very temporary solution. It causes the skin and such to constrict, but only lasts maybe an hour (models use this trick when they are short on sleep). Also, if it's used very often it will damage the skin and capilaries (that skin is very sensitive) and maybe make the bags worse. So if you have an important client meeting or a portrait sitting coming up, feel free- just don't expect it to be a permanent solution, and please, don't get 'hooked'.