Tips for Keeping a Clean Room

Step 1: Make your bed; if you haven't washed your sheets recently, pull the old sheets off the bed and put clean sheets on. Step 2: When the bed is made, pick up anything out of place and put it on the bed. This includes messy piles on top of dressers, on bookshelves, and on your desk.

bee, clean, cleaning, energy, eve, house, husband, ips, keeping, missed, mos, needed, rash, rest, room, solution, time, tips, toss, trash, item, step, clothes, place, sheets, and/or, longer, pick, dirty, shoes, give/sell, marked, books, listen, music, read, materials, library, stores, rental, dvds, video, front, return, remember, door, overdue, loaned, items, collections

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tips for Keeping a Clean Room

Step 1: Make your bed; if you haven't washed your sheets recently, pull the old sheets off the bed and put clean sheets on.

Step 2: When the bed is made, pick up anything out of place and put it on the bed. This includes messy piles on top of dressers, on bookshelves, and on your desk.

There is one exception to this step: food-related trash: Toss it in the kitchen garbage immediately.

Step 3: Pick up one item at a time and decide what to do with it.

A. Put dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

B. Put clean clothes away in your dresser and/or hang them up, as appropriate. Note: if you are not certain of the cleanliness of an item, put it with your dirty clothes.

C. If an item is trash, toss it in the trash bag.

D. If an item is something old or no longer needed, but others may get use out of it, put it in a box marked "Give/Sell". (I.e. clothes that don't fit, old shoes, music you no longer listen to; books you don't read, etc.)

E. If an item is something you want to keep, put it in its proper place. Use storage boxes as necessary to keep related items, or collections which you don't display all the time, in a safe place.

F. If you find things which friends have loaned you, or overdue DVDs from video rental stores and/or, materials from the library, put them near the front door so you remember to return them, if you are not done with them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Martina09 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tips for Keeping a Clean Room

This reminds me of a book I used to have when I was younger. Same steps! Thanks for the reminder!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tips for Keeping a Clean Room

More energy than I have most of the time! My solution has been to go to piles when I have time and take out anything really, really needed and toss the rest in the trash. I'll reclaim the house eventually! So far no one has missed anything I threw away. My husband does it too but he tosses it all way without looking at all and we've had several disasters via his cleaning piles up!