Thread: orange juice

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default orange juice

the cost of orange juice is crazy don't you think? i am wondering other than living an orange juice free life does anyone have a place they buy it? or another way to save money on orange juice i live in the northeast... open to any ideas.

thank you

robin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robin1035 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: orange juice

I haven't bought any in the past 2 weeks how much do you mean when you say "crazy"?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I only buy OJ twice a year but had heard due to the big freeze there would be a shortage and big price increase. Haven't been to a store where I could check but guessing it has happened!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sometimes the frozen is cheaper. if you get a national brand instead of the store brand its really not that bad. Granted not the same but not that bad
    Mdowdy

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

went i started having to budget ow big time. it cost .98 now it is 2.06 (frozen) it doubled plus in less that a year and a hlf. furious. i came home and told the family there will be no more juice in this house. period

robin

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just steal the oranges off my neighbor's tree that hangs over my property line.

With all the freezing weather in Florida and even California, I expect gold will be cheaper than oranges/juice in the future.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought Great Value (Wal-Mart) brand frozen orange juice for .99 per container. I make my juice go a little farther by adding an extra can of water to the concentrate. It calls for three ... I add four. You get 2 quarts that way and you won't notice a real big difference in the taste; at least we don’t. The savings are worth it when you consider that it's almost like getting a free can of juice for every three that you buy. I'd suggest buying 'off brands' unless you can get some great coupons for the national brands.. or if you are particular about the brands you buy. Very often the off brands are really a cheaper version of the name brands anyway. I learned several years ago about how some national brands will sell their product to companies who will package the product under their own label and sell it cheaper. If you find a good buy on juice, I would stock up; whether you need it right now or not. If you buy frozen or canned/bottled, it will stay good for a long time.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I buy frozen orange juice....I take the can of orange juice add 1 cup of sugar or splenda (depending on who its for) and add enough water to make a full gallon. My kids and hubby can't tell the difference and it comes out a lot better on my budget!!