Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking help with weatherization

Just thought I would let everyone know this since it may be available in your area too. I recently found out my city has a weatherization program. My newspaper did a story on our program. you call the local social services which handles it (I think they give preference to those on disability, retired and those that have young children) and request an application. If approved they will come out and get your home ready free of charge. Insulation, sealing etc and in the story they did they even replaced windows with more efficient ones. I am not sure this is available in all areas but it is worth the time and expense saved to do the research to find out. It is also availabe for those that rent with the owners permission. I just got my application today and am filling it out asap to send in lord knows my electricity bill is sky high even with blankets hung up to block the unused portions of the house, thermal curtains, sealing windows etc. hope this can possibly help someone, I had no idea this program was available.
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post: