Retirement, is it possible?

I am really concerned, I went to open a ROTH IRA to start investing and all the calculations are based on me retiring at 65. Okay, I'm 24 right now, and thinking that I'm going to be in this rat race until age 6o freakin 5? Why, that's simply nauseating. Why would I want to work until 65? No

age, buy, debt, estate, eyes, hat, home, investing, king, life, long, milk, pay, race, retirement, star, term, world, year, years, intend, open, work, invest, freaking, make, aging, scaring, death, real, staying, vehicles, future, debt,then, depressing, cash, comprehend, payment, paying, todays, thinking, freakin, retiring, roth, concerned, start, based, calculations, simply, basing

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Retirement, is it possible?

I am really concerned, I went to open a ROTH IRA to start investing and all the calculations are based on me retiring at 65. Okay, I'm 24 right now, and thinking that I'm going to be in this rat race until age 6o freakin 5? Why, that's simply nauseating. Why would I want to work until 65? No offense to anyone else, but uhm that's too dang old too enjoy retirement, in my eyes anyway. I would rather retire at say, 55.... Is this just not possible in todays world? I'm also basing this on a third of my life being over and me not having any dependents. I turn 25 in February and I'm have a third of a life crisis. I doubt I'll make it to 75. lol I am freaking out over here, I am aging like milk and it's scaring me to death.

Of course I'll open long term CD's and invest in real estate etc.. I just don't comprehend if I buy a home next year, pay it off within 15 years, and don't have a car payment (I intend on paying cash only for future vehicles), also intend on having and staying with zero debt,then how is it I'll HAVE to work? This is just depressing.

Someone please say it ain't so!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PennyPincher For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Retirement, is it possible?