What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries

Default DIY drain cleaner and other stuff

I found these recipes through an eversave pfd file and thought they might be useful

Homemade Cleaning Products

Save time and money by making your own household cleaners from ingredients you probably already have in your cabinet. No need to clip coupons or comparison shop. Make these at home and you’ve already saved a bundle. Plus, these all natural solutions are better for you – and your family.

Homemade glass and window cleaner

1 cup rubbing alcohol
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon vinegar

Combine ingredients into a spray bottle, and voila – homemade Windex!

Homemade furniture polish

1 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup lemon juice

Use a soft cloth and rub into your woodwork, wooden furniture and other wooden household items. It’s DIY Pledge!

Homemade Multi-purpose Surface Cleaner

1 cup white vinegar
    1 cup water

Homemade Abrasive Cleanser

3 Parts Baking Soda
    1 Part Water

Baking Soda is great as an abrasive cleanser. Combine it with dish detergent for a great stovetop cleaner and extra cleaning power.

Bonus Tips:

Cleaning Powers of Vinegar
    White vinegar is great for cleaning everything: whirlpool tub jets, soap scum, electric stove tops and it gets the "gunk" out of any clogged lotion or soap pump. Use it in your dishwasher as a homemade rinse agent to make glassware sparkle. Use it to clean your coffee maker by running it through with a vinegar mix once, then water.

The Vinegar Solution
    1 part vinegar
    2 parts water

Plus: For cleaning pipe sludge and stubborn drains, use vinegar and baking soda to clear those clogs and help create a much more pleasant odor. Here’s how: Pour baking soda down the clogged drain, followed by white vinegar, then boiling water. Your pipes should become unclogged in no time! * Do NOT use this method after you’ve already used a store-bought chemical based drain cleaner.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Archenstone For This Useful Post:

NW Missouri
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DIY drain cleaner and other stuff

Oh how timely! My son just asked me to e-mail my list of cleaning supplies and I thought I'd have to hand type them into the e-mail! Thanks! Now I don't even have to think! Nice to copy and paste!