Other Wanted: Good Recipes for deer meat.

Wanted: Good Recipes for deer meat.

My husband,son, daughter hunt alot and i hunt when I want too LOL so we usually have deer in the freezer what i am looking for is some good recipe Ideas to be creative with the Deer meat! if you have something please POST!!!

beef, deal, deer, forums, good, hat, ice, iso, meat, posts, recipe, recipes, search, select, steaks, taste, ted, threads, venison, wanted, Other, hunt, ideas, post, creative, alot, daughter, husband,son, freezer

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Wanted: Good Recipes for deer meat.

My husband,son, daughter hunt alot and i hunt when I want too LOL

so we usually have deer in the freezer what i am looking for is some good recipe Ideas to be creative with the Deer meat! if you have something please POST!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gatorgrlntn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wanted: Good Recipes for deer meat.

Our deer are nice fat corn feed deer much to our farmer's regret. We also butcher our selves and remove all fat we can. The fat is where the gamey taste comes in. Our meat is wonderful. No one has ever known it wasn't beef. Our deer steaks just melt in our mouth. I just use any recipe that calls for beef and sub my venison. I've heard about ways to remove the gamey taste but have never had to deal with it so probably not much help to you here!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you we have some of ours ground into deer burger... Again thank you for you time and i will have to see what recipes i have that i could substitute beef with deer !

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

do a forums search for venison and be sure to select posts not threads. there are several recipes across the forums and I'm sure that I've posted at least three

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay thank you very much

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since we've changed processors our venison burger is not gamey anymore. Before I had to use cream of mushroom soup and the dry onion soup for my roasts and stews. I still do just because it tastes good. Oh and I've added beef boullion too. I use the venison burger,roast,tenderloins etc. in any recipe that calls for beef. I just surf Budget 101.com or my ground beef cookbooks. Today for instance, brown venison burger with onion and green pepper, quarter a head of cabbage add tomato sauce,brown sugar and a little cider vinegar and steam until cabbage is done.