1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
      1/4 cup sugar
      1 tsp salt
      1 1/2 tsp baking powder
      1/3 cup milk
      1 egg
      1 cup finely chopped apple
      1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
      Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add milk and egg. Beat until batter is smooth.

Fold in chopped apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls into deep hot oil — about 370° and at least 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep — and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until nicely browned. Drain well on paper towels then roll in confectioners’ sugar while still warm.

Serve as is or warm, with syrup, if desired.

JoAnn

What a quick recipe Mos, one of my favorites. Thank-You again, you know what I’ll be making this coming weekend..

mos

lol! me too! i got a deal on apples, so i’ve been busy using them;-) baked apples last week and yesterday i made apple betty ii in the crockpot.

songlady

My husband is going to be sooo happy that I’ve found this recipie he loves these.

Liss

As a kid I remember my mom making Corn Fritters for dinner on occasion. Instead of apples she used a can of drained corn & added a dash of nutmeg. They were really good, and I suppose they made a pretty cheap meal as well.

mos

so songlady, how did your DH like ’em? I love to hear — good and bad — reviews.

mos

both of my parents grew up on corn fritters. breakfast, lunch, or dinner…it was a great meal stretcher. my mother would make them for breakfast if there was corn left over from dinner the previous night and she would make them as a side for dinner just because we begged for ’em.

oh man…talk about good eats! LOL! if I had any corn on hand, I think I would go make some now!

thanks a lot, Liss! now I have to go put corn on the grocery list! giggle

FreebieQueen

thanks a lot, Liss! now I have to go put corn on the grocery list! giggle

hahaha, glad I could help darlin’ 😉

mos

speaking of corn….and this has nothing to do with breakfast…I made a batch of black-eyed peas yesterday and was just feeling kinda lazy so instead of making corn bread, I dumped a bag of frozen corn and made ‘cheater’ French bread (the take-home-and-bake from Food Lion) to sop up the juice and it was so GOOD! nice change of pace and flavors!

tx_dj

Thank you so much for this recipe! I am going to try it using Splenda. My husband Larry, is diabetic and I am what the doctor calls Pre-diabetic.

This sounds so good! And maybe my daughter will like it for her 7 still at home. They have 8 all total.

mos

you’re welcome! how did it go with the Splenda?

cashman

i had to try this and they were a hit to eat n quick and easy to make i used deep fryer instead of oil in pan

mos

Hmmm…using a deep fryer makes me think that it ended ups as ‘balls’ rather than fritters… Did they turn out this way? Just curious…

If it worked for your family, then I’m very happy! LOL! However, if they turned out as I think they may have, I’d really like to know as it may inspire me to experiment in some other areasgiggle smiley

nikimilton

It is a very good recipes and very easy…

mos

I was talking with friends the other day and somehow the conversation turned to cheap dinners that we ate as kids. One of the gals said that sometimes she had fried cornbread for dinner. We all started salivating!

LOL!

bluefaith81

These sounds really good. I will have to try them maybe this wknd 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

mos

Oh please let us know how your family liked them!

musemicw

have to add the recipe to my collection. I love apple fitters and so do my children.

mos

YAY! They really are rather easy to make and such a nice change from other things that we make for our families;-D

tiggerkattz

Can’t wait to try this. I need something easy and something my daughter can have for breakfast. Thank you

mos

Let us know how your DD liked them!

coryjenkinscpa1

I’m sure the kids would love it if I can get it cooking this weekend…thanks a lot!

mos

They are quick and easy — the hardest part is chopping up the apple! LOL! Hope your family likes this;-D

Leilaroc

Your Apple Fritters sound delicious and I plan on making them soon.

mos

Well, as you can see from responding posts, lots of members have tried them successfullygiggle smileyand hope that you do, too! Please let us know how your family likes ’em;-D

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.