Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM #1
"Healthified" Strawberries and Cream Pie
1 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canola oil
3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
Filling and Topping
1 package (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese or 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free French vanilla yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping
4 cups fresh whole strawberries
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon canola oil
1. Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, salt and 1/4 cup oil with fork until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all water is absorbed and dough sticks together.
2. Gather dough into a ball; flatten to 4-inch round. Place between sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin, roll dough into 12-inch round. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Carefully transfer dough round to 9-inch glass pie plate; remove waxed paper. Gently press in bottom and up side of plate, being careful not to stretch dough.
3. Fold and roll edge under, even with plate; flute edge. Prick bottom and side of dough thoroughly with fork. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on high speed 30 to 60 seconds or until fluffy. Beat in sugar until blended. Add yogurt, vanilla and almond extract; beat on low speed 30 to 60 seconds until well blended and smooth. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spoon into cooled crust; spread gently to edge. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until chilled.
5. Cut pie into 8 servings. Top each serving with strawberries, pointed ends up. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon oil on High 30 to 45 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over strawberries. Store pie in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, add an additional 1 to 3 teaspoons cold water if necessary.
What is “Healthified”?
We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
The strawberries may need to be cut in half to fit snugly and securely on top of the pie slices.
1 Serving: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g); Protein 7g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:26 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM