Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Shiitake chicken ramen
10-18-2009, 02:19 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- in front of my computer Silly!
- Blog Entries
Shiitake chicken ramen
You will need:
- 1 package of ramen noodles
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1/2 cup of scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 egg
- Dried Kelp
- 6 cups of water
How to cook:
The soup broth (Dashi):
1. Soak the Shiitake mushrooms in water for 30 minutes.
2. Put the Shiitake and water in a cooking pot.
3. Heat it (Medium heat).
4. Turn off the heat when the water comes to a boil.
5. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the Shiitake mushrooms with a strainer.
7. Put 2 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
8. Once the water is boiling add your ramen noodles.
9. Wait 2-3 minutes until the noodles are tender and separated.
10. Take off the water with the strainer.
11. Put the egg in a cooking pot, covering it with 1-2 inches of water.
12. Bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then peel it. Cut the egg in half lengthwise.
13. Put your noodles in the hot soup broth.
14. Add the cooked chicken breast, the dried kelp, the egg and the scallions.
15. If you don't want to lose them, you can add the shiitake mushrooms that you used to make your Dashi!
16. Enjoy!~* B101 Sistah *~
The Following User Says Thank You to CountryGrl21 For This Useful Post: