Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-18-2009, 01:56 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- in front of my computer Silly!
- Blog Entries
Patti's Fumi Salad (Japanese Cole Slaw)
* One head green cabbage
* One head purple cabbage (OR 2 bags Dole "Classic Coleslaw" in place of cabbage heads)
* Garlic Salt
* Toasted almond slivers
* Toasted sesame seeds (or sunflower seeds)
* 6 Scallions (or green onions)
* 1/2 cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar (I use a little more, about 3/4 cup)
* 1/2 cup oil
* 3 package Top Ramen Noodles not cooked, broken up (save seasoning packet for some other recipe)
Slice cabbage thinly, place in large bowl, toss with garlic salt. Add toasted nuts and seeds, scallions and broken up ramen noodles.combine the oil and vinegar, mix together with the salad, chill and serve. Right before serving, I sprinkle the top of the salad with some more broken-up ramen noodles.
The recipe does not have to be chilled if you're in a hurry to get somewhere. The salad will compress nearly in half after the oil and vinegar has been added. This is a large recipe, alter the oil and vinegar to make smaller portions.
By Starlet~* B101 Sistah *~
By CountryGrl21 in forum Dirt Cheap DinnersReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2009, 02:12 PM
By Liss in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2008, 08:17 AM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
By Ang in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2003, 04:16 PM