Creator & Designer of Budget101's Avatar

Info My Account is No Longer Active, Why?

I used to be an active member, but I left for awhile. Now when I try to login it says my account is not active. Why?

There are several reasons an Account May No Longer Be Active:

Account deactivated by administrator

This account has been manually deactivated by an administrator via the user management tools.

Profile details changed
    The board is configured to require user activation and if a user has changed key information related to their account such as the email address, they are required to reactivate the account to confirm these changes.

Newly registered account
    The board is configured to require user activation and either the user has not yet activated this new account.

What to Do
    Attempt to locate the e-mail sent to you when you first registered, check your username and password and try again. It is possible that you may may not have entered your information correctly

Also, many boards periodically remove users who have not posted for a long time to reduce the size of the database. If this has happened, try registering again and being more involved in discussions.

I forgot my password OR It won't accept my password, What can I do?

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. This will appear on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This link brings up a page where you should enter your registered email address. An email will be sent to that address shortly, with instructions for resetting your password.

Since passwords are encrypted, there is no way to resend your original password. This option provides you with the ability to reset your password.

You must be able to receive emails to your registered email address for this to work. You may need to check your spam filters and folder if you do not see this email in a few minutes.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Budget101 For This Useful Post: