What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just a little vent . . .

Bear with me for a moment - I love my dear husband and he works so hard so that I can stay at home with our kids. Because I stay at home, I do all the grocery shopping and meals, so I know that he has no idea how much groceries cost. We have three children and I budget 0/month for groceries/cleaning/household/pets (one dog and two cats). He agrees with the budget but then doesn't like the ways I save on groceries. He doesn't want me to "skimp" on cleaners by using vinegar and baking soda (which work fine and are 1/4 the price). He complained about the .88 canned spaghetti sauce, preferring the + brand name jarred sauce. I make homemade, whole grain pancakes and muffins with fruit that are less expensive and healthier than store-bought, but what does he want? frozen waffles and blueberry muffin mix. Since I left work, I have started cooking from stratch more - buying low cost ingredients instead of pre-prepared items. What does he wish we had? frozen pizza. Ugh. I know that part of his motivation is for me to be able to spend more time with him and the kids and less time cooking and cleaning up. But it is still frustrating. Thanks for allowing me to vent a little.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mamabyrd For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just a little vent . . .

Let me share a tip with you that I used to have to use on my spouse, reuse your boxes & jars. Buy that name brand sauce ONCE and then wash and hide the jar until you get ready to make spaghetti again. While he's at work, open your canned stuff and put in in the jar. After dinner, when's he's telling you how delicious it all was- then you can burst his brand name bubble.
    Men are such a pain. You're doing a great job and you're teaching your kids how to shop well, eat well and live well on less. That's commendable no matter what your husband says.

Hugs,
    Lioness
    ~ Lioness~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AngryLioness For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dont feel bad DH and I have had plenty of fights over him acting like my cooking just is not good enough. It gets to me. Every one I have ever known says im a wonderfull cook I pride my self on it. But it really comes down to he would rather MC Donalds than a home made meal. I still dont know the solution

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is so frustrating. He likes a lot of the things that I cook, but he also likes to eat out for convenience. I like to eat out too, but we only have a certain amount budgeted each week. He works an hour + away from home so he eats out during the week. But on his days off, he bugs me about going for fast food - when I can make him a variety of stuff at home with food we already own. I really just don't think that he understands how things add up. For example, he just called to say that he spent of our money to feed his employees - when he has a company credit card for stuff like that. UGH. He says repeatedly that he wants to sit down with me and look at the checkbook, but when its time, he never does.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mamabyrd For This Useful Post: