Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Eggplant Scallopini Recipe
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Eggplant Scallopini Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (2 small onions)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups diced eggplant
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped - peeling is optional
black pepper to taste
- 8 cloves medium sized garlic, minced
- 1 pound pasta - any shape
fresh grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Heat olive oil in a deep skillet.
Add onion and bay leaves.
Sauté over medium heat until onions are soft, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Add eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, salt and basil.
Cover and cook until the eggplant is tender, approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken or vegetable stock, tomatoes and black pepper.
Simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered until the liquid reduces.
Stir in the garlic during the last 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta, toss with a little additional olive oil (1-2 tablespoons).
Place in a large serving bowl and ladle eggplant on top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: