Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Vampire Bites
09-14-2009, 10:16 PM #1
Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 7-10 min.
Decoration Time: 15 min.
Yield: Makes 24 bites.
1 ½ cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter,softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
Red food coloring
¼ cup red decorator’s sugar
24 pieces MILKY WAY® Minis
1 tube vanilla frosting
1. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg; beat well. Slowly add the flour mixture into the dough until blended. Add enough food coloring to tint the dough a bright red. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line the cookie sheet pans with the parchment paper.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 24 lip shapes. Otherwise, you can form the dough into 24 balls and flatten each slightly to create free-form shaped lips using your hands to pinch and shape the dough. Transfer these to the prepared cookie sheets. Re-roll the scraps if necessary.
5. Sprinkle the cookies with red sugar. Bake 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and immediately press a MILKY WAY® Minis into the center of each cookie. Cool completely. Use vanilla frosting to pipe fangs over the candy.
Tip: If short on time, consider using store-bought refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Begin by kneading 2/3 cup of flour into the dough, then roll and cut according to the above directions. One roll of cookie dough makes approximately 18 cookies.
Calories per serving 138Total Fat 6 gSaturated Fat 4 gTrans Fat 0 gCholesterol 20 mgSodium 62 mgCarbohydrates 20 gDietary Fiber 0 gSugars 13 gProtein 1 gVitamin A 0%DVVitamin C 0%DVCalcium 0%DVIron 0%
I got this from BrightIdeas.com, the M&Ms website