Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default navigate recipes

I'm new to this website, and it weems to have very useful information. However, I cannot seem to navigate the recipes. It seems there is no link to a regular recipe data base. I can only find all the mix recipes. And when I do get to a good recipe it is not very printer friendly.

Am I missing something?

Maria

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: navigate recipes

However, I cannot seem to navigate the recipes. It seems there is no link to a regular recipe data base.
    Hi, I'm not sure this is your typical "Recipe database" run of the mill system. All of the recipes posted on Liss' site ( http://www.budget101.com ) are Tried and true. Most of them are her own, some are submitted by members. The point of the site is to cut your grocery bill in half and use the money you would normally spend on groceries on your old debts instead. That's probably why most of the recipes are mixes.

Here's a quick list of the recipes: http://www.budget101.com/convenience_mixes.htm ; plus all the categories are listed in the right hand side of that page too.

I can only find all the mix recipes. And when I do get to a good recipe it is not very printer friendly.
    You can print any recipe on the site by highlighting it with your mouse and then clicking Print. The forums have a print feature in the right hand side underneath the search box on every page. I'm not sure how much easier it could be. There used to be a print page button on every page, but they removed it awhile back because people like to copy and paste recipes into their own software, like mastercook, etc.

If you need help with how to copy and paste a recipe, give a holler and I'll walk you through it. Once you get the hang of it you'll be printing lots of recipes without those annoying "print" buttons- which usually print ads and backgrounds anyway. (Ink waster buttons )

Candace
    CC,

Yeah, This is my life now!