Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-13-2009, 07:44 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Mexican Chicken Pot Pies in Crescent Bowls
Makes: 4 servings
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 package (6 oz) refrigerated cooked Southwest-flavor chicken breast strips, coarsely chopped
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
3 tablespoons Old El Paso® canned chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack with jalapeño peppers cheese blend (2 oz)
1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Place four 6-oz custard cups upside down on cookie sheet with sides. Spray cups with cooking spray.
2. Unroll dough on work surface; press into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 4 squares. Place 1 dough square over each custard cup, stretching to fit bowl.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from custard cups. Place on cooling rack.
4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in broth; cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Stir in chicken, black beans, green chiles and corn. Simmer about 5 minutes or until hot.
5. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture into each crescent bowl. Top with cheese and salsa.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: