What's a Budget?

Default Sick Day Casserole

We started calling this "Sick Day Casserole", because one day when I wasn't feeling well, I threw these things together and it became an immediate favorite for anytime we had leftover turkey or chicken (it will remind you a little of Thanksgiving, but without a lot of the fuss):

1 cup Turkey (or chicken), shredded
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 small package frozen mixed vegetables
    1 box Stove Top (or any other kind) Stuffing
    1/4 cup water (or juice, if you use canned turkey, in a pinch)
    1/4 cup dried cranberries

Mix the turkey, soup (not diluted) and the vegetables in a 9x11 glass baking dish. Mix the stuffing, water and cranberries. Spread the stuffing mix over the top of the mixture in the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for appx. 25 minutes (should be bubbly in bottom).

This is a great dish for when you come home tired and worn out and want something "homey" for supper!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TxLady For This Useful Post:

outside Philadelphia, PA
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sick Day Casserole

Great recipe! Quick thinking! I love recipes like that!