Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Banana Flip Cookies
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Banana Flip Cookies
Prep Time: 1 hour 0 min
Total Time: 1 hour 40 min
Makes: 16 sandwich cookies
1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup butter and margarine, softened
2 oz cream cheese, softened (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup Yoplait® Thick & Creamy banana yogurt
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir banana, 1/3 cup butter, the cream cheese, vanilla and egg until well blended. Add cookie mix and flour; stir until soft dough forms.
2. With medium cookie scoop or by heaping tablespoonfuls, scoop dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed about 2 minutes or until lightly and fluffy.
5. To make each sandwich cookie, spread about 1 tablespoon filling on bottoms of 16 cookies. Top each with one of the remaining cookies; gently press cookies together.
6. Sprinkle tops of sandwich cookies with powdered sugar. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase flour to 1/4 cup.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: