Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Spicy Pork Chops Caribbean
09-09-2009, 08:23 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Spicy Pork Chops Caribbean
Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 35 Min Makes: 4 servings
1 (8-oz.) pkg. uncooked yellow rice
2 1/2 cups water
4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
1 (3-oz.) pkg. seasoned coating mix for pork
1 1/4 cups Green Giant® SELECT® frozen baby sweet peas
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/4 cups frozen chopped onions
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 firm ripe bananas, peeled, thinly sliced
2 (4.5-oz.) cans Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chiles
1 (7-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried shredded orange peel
1/3 cup orange juice
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Cook rice in water as directed on package. Cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, coat pork chops with coating mix as directed on package. Place in foil-lined pan. Bake at 425°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
3. Cook peas as directed on package. Drain; stir into rice.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions, cilantro and bananas; cook 3 minutes or until bananas are just tender, stirring frequently. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon rice mixture onto individual serving plates. Top each with pork chop and banana mixture. If desired, garnish with avocado and additional cilantro.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: