Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Treats
Prep Time: 50 min
Makes: 3 dozen cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty CrockerŽ peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
5. Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; set aside. Place 12 cooled cookies in large bowl. Pour 1/3 of chocolate mixture over cookies in bowl. Using rubber spatula, toss cookies gently to coat. Place cookies in bag with powdered sugar; seal bag. Gently turn bag to coat cookies. Remove cookies from bag to cooling rack to set. Repeat with 12 more cookies and 1/2 of remaining chocolate mixture; repeat again until all cookies are coated, adding additional powdered sugar to bag as needed.
Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60);
Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g);
Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g);
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: