Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Healthy Chocolate Cake
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Healthy Chocolate Cake
Top off your meal with a slice of this simply delicious "enlightened" chocolate cake.
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons applesauce (classic)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup lowfat sour cream
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, blend together brown sugar, egg, egg whites, and applesauce with an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Add vanilla and sour cream. Beat on low speed until well blended.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to sour cream mixture, beating on medium speed.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Grease an 8-by-8-inch pan and spread batter evenly in pan.
8. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
9. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack, then cut into 12 squares.
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:23 AM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
By email@example.com in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2002, 12:01 PM