Neti Pot???

Hi there thrifty friends! I just purchased a neti pot kit to help with my sinuses and allergies. It comes with 30 all-natural saline solution packets. Do any of you have a MYO saline solution recipe for net pots? I could be wrong, but isn't it just salt water? The packets at the store sell for

bee, don, friend, good, great, hat, hope, jus, luck, making, myo, neti, pot, recipe, sinuses, solution, thing, thought, works, years, packets, saline, salt, wrong, store, water, $7.99, reply, bless, jaime, advance, sell, purchased, thrifty, friends, allergies, all-natural, pots

Thread: Neti Pot???

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Neti Pot???

Hi there thrifty friends! I just purchased a neti pot kit to help with my sinuses and allergies. It comes with 30 all-natural saline solution packets.

Do any of you have a MYO saline solution recipe for net pots? I could be wrong, but isn't it just salt water? The packets at the store sell for about $7.99 a box.

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

God Bless,
    Jaime

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jaime For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Neti Pot???

I just did a google search for "neti pot solution recipe" and found lots of results. There's even a video or two on YouTube. Hope that helps and please let us know if neti pots work, I am considering getting one for myself.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The recipe:

* Carefully clean and rinse a 1-quart jar. Fill the clean jar with tap water or bottled water. You do not need to boil the water.
    * Add one level teaspoon of non-iodized (”pickling”) salt. DO NOT use table salt. Table salt has unwanted additives. You can ask for pickling salt at the grocery store.
    * Add one level teaspoon of baking soda (pure bicarbonate).
    * Stir or shake before each use. Store at room temperature. After one week pour out any mixture that is left over and make a new recipe.

This is the same recipe I got from my EENT Dr. 9 years ago! Easily found online also. It not only stopped my sinus infections but also greatly reduced my getting ever virus coming down the pike! Viruses that enter through your nose can't survive in the high saline environment!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh this is just great, I had not thought of making my own solution. Jamie you'll find I hope that the neti works really well. I have been using one for about 2 years. I don't have to take hardly any thing else for my sinuses now.. Good luck with yours my friend...Thanks so much for the MYO recipe...
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to all who have responded. I knew you would help Anyhow, last night was my first time using the neti pot with the solution that came with it. I loved it. I actually thought I could breathe better last night. Well, I did find an easy recipe to make your own solution on the internet...here's the link:

How to make Neti pot Solution | eHow.com

Thanks again friends! God Bless!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jamie, thanks for adding this link too.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You bet my friend. It looks easy enough and has storage information.