Thumbs up Fake Fudge

Fake Fudge
    1 cup 2% milk
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    5 tbs unflavored gelatin
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute

1 tsp Artificial brandy extract or vanilla
    Combine the milk and cocoa in a small saucepan and whisk until there are no lumps of cocoa. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minuts or until thickened, stirring constantly. In another small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Heat the gelatin water over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves and then stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in the Splenda and extract. Remove from the heat and pour into 8" square baking dish. Let stand at room temp for 4 hrs or until firm. To remove from the pan, cut around the edges with a sharp knife. Place the dish in a shallow pan of hot water for about 30 seconds just to slightly soften the bottom. Loosen one corner then quickly flip out onto a clean cutting surface. Use a sharp knife to make 10 even cuts in one direction, and then make 10 even cuts in the opposite direction. Place in a container, cover and refrigerate. Will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fake Fudge

Sounds like fudge to me! Chocolate candy is good!!! Could you line the baking dish with foil & spray with butter flavored cooking spray? That way you could lift the candy out of the dish & peel the foil off. Thanks for the recipe.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see my nephew's face when I give it to him!!!
    Melissa A.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Janice, this would work if you use the HEAVY duty foil and don't mind crinkles on one side the lighter-weight foils won't stand up to the 'lift-off!' LOL!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh, Melissa! please let me know how he likes it! my mother was a surgical diabetic (and she adored fudge) so I developed this for her I had forgotten about this until my sister (who won't eat sugar...wraith thin...dang it!) told me the other day that she had had a bad day, made a batch, and ate most of it! LOL! she'll survive...she really needs to quit drinking coffee as a meal and consume more calories. (oops! I used my outside voice again, so I'll shut up!)

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mos - wrinkles or teeth marks - it really doen't make any difference to me. It isn't going to be very pretty after it gets popped into my mouth anyway!!! LOL

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am diabetic, too, but my nephew used to wait for my fudge at Christmas time. He just found out that he is diabetic also.
    It's hard enough to deal with it as an adult, but to be a kid and hear "No more fudge" would be tough to take!
    So I am making it especially for him (though our family is loaded with diabetics!) and I will let you know how he likes it after our next get together.
    Thanks again for sharing!!
    Melissa A.