Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default layed off soon help me.

The boss pretty much said ill be layed off soon today. Well we know the other office guys have been on him to get rid of somebody and we know I am who he will get rid of. Even though another employee was cought going through the employee files a few monthes ago. well what can I say, im sunk. He already told us when the company sujested he think of who he would let go that it was me. Now they havent said anything more but our office staff is worried over there jobs and think offing a worker will help. I hope somthing happens to stop it but as things are it looks as if im jobless by next month. Anyone have any sujestions. I dont have mush time to pay anything off. Actually all state just tricked me into getting into more debt. Now I have $800 on a best buy card that they were suposed to send me $700 when I bought the laptop to replace the one that was stolen in our break in. now they say (after I bought in and sent them the recipt) im suposed to buy a $1200 laptop or I dont get the $700. ......what?! My theft insurence has only cost me more money and is useless. Im switching companys and telling them to stuff it. I have soooo much on my mind . can anyone help?

I know about angel food network and I book marked the unemployment web site for fast fileing. I cant seem to fins food banks in south bend IN. They were verry helpfull in my last area while I was only able to find a part time job. My bills are basic utilitys, cell phones and internet ( wich we plan to get rid of), two credit cards $25 each monthly, car insurence , house payment, car payment, furnace payment. really not much besides necesitys. not much to cut either.
    Last edited by redring; 08-27-2009 at 02:20 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: layed off soon help me.

You might check with your local welfare office and some of the local churches. Churches are usually (but not always) the ones that sponsor the food banks. Good luck to you. Also check the classified ads in the newspaper. Sometimes they advertise.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found my food banks by word of mouth and yes most of them are run by the local churches, but I have to travel to another city for them. I'm not eligible for Food Stamps so the food bank has been a godsend, though I've had to put my canning skills to work since much of the food received is VERY ripe.

If there is an Angel Food near you, the chances are there are food banks also. You need to ask around. You may have to drive to another city for it though like I do.

I also learned canning and dehydrating foods which enables me to store and have foods available that I normally would not have, especially from the food bank since their produce is almost always very RIPE.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know times are tough all over! We've never had a problem until 2 month's ago. We thought we'd see the light again later in September or October but more stuff died today and we're looking at no Christmas this year except what someone can make with what is already on hand. I haven't worked outside of home for many years but a Baker position at the University has been open for 2 month's and thinking I out to go take it and work until May to get our heads back above water and our savings rebuilt.

Hope you can find another job quickly! My son who had been looking for over 2 years started a full time job this morning. Hopefully it won't take you very long to find something! We put in a pellet stove last winter and turned off our furnace except when we were gone and it worked great. Glad we got a years supply of food tucked away. The way our National economy is going I'm worried it's all going to melt down and go belly up down the road.

I know I sure want more than a 3 month worth of savings built up. It would of been great if we'd lost jobs and needed to pay bills but when you have major appliances & cars go out and also get laid off it sure wiped out our savings and now we are really struggling and no where to turn too when my one monthly check is gone.

My husband doesn't want me working but he's shipping out in 2 weeks and I know we won't get back in good financial standing if I don't get a decent paying job and work a while. I know if I survive until May he'll be glad I did it. Kids will have to take over all the farm chores and hopefully we'll make it.

One way or the other we'll all make it! Good luck to you!

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont think ill be able to get welfare. Not too sure yet though. we have only speculated what our finances will be. Wont really know till we get there. We hope to be able to keep internet and netflix as its our only form of intertainment. We have said we will give up cell phones and the land line first. I have been stockpileing but not much. I statred with the dollar tree. should have loundery suplies for a year and toothpast. thats about as far as I am. ill do what I can. Thanks for the encuragemant.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know I'm new here and I hope I don't sound too pushy, but here's a few suggestions:
    File for unemployment, food stamps and cash assistance the day you get laid off. Don't wait a moment to turn in the applications, even if you have to stop at the food stamp office on your way home. You might even want to stop by the food stamp office in the next few days and pick up an application, so you can have it ready just in case.

Call everyone you pay money to, tell them what's going on, and try to negotiate lower payments on a temporary basis. Do you have full coverage on your auto insurance, and if so, can you switch it to liability till you're back at work? Or maybe they'll cut you a break because you'll be driving less miles.

Some cell phone companies charge an early termination fee, so be careful of that. You might want to look into getting prepaid cell phones, like from Cricket or Virgin Mobile, if they're in your area.

There are many legitimate ways to make money online. You can sign up as a virtual personal assistant at Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmers, Web Designers from India, Russia, USA, and more - oDesk, write for people at http://www.textbroker.com or find a ton of jobs for varying skill levels at GetAFreelancer | Online Freelance Jobs | Employment | Design | Outsourcing | Programmers | Web Design | Freelancers. If you have a good internet connection, there are places that will hire you to work at home in various fields: Clark Howard: Work At Home Help on clarkhoward.com . Some of the businesses listed at Clark Howard's site seem to charge for background checks. With the exception of anything posted at Clark Howard's site, I would never ever pay anyone to hire me, so I would avoid any company that asked for money upfront.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you have been working for the company for a while, you are entitled to unemployment benefits. If you have the time, speak to the unemployment office--in person about what you would get also ask them what other services they might provide--can't hurt. Sometimes they can suggest things you haven't considered--use them like a networking tool!! My friend found her job from them. Even if you get not much--use that to pay off the largest bill and then use your husbands checks for the other stuff. During my high school years we lived off my mother's paycheck which was nothing and got through. Our local church helped out, especially at X-mas with us children.
    Best of luck and just save as much as you can until you think you're leaving. Also have faith and it will get you through--maybe this could lead to something much better--make this into a positive not a negative!!!

Karen

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am sorry to hear about you losing your job. I got layed off a few weeks ago. I know how you feel. Just try and keep your spirits up and everything will work out. I am searching the internet like crazy looking for a job. You might try USAJOBS.GOV that lists all the jobs the US government has.
    Cathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast