Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dalmatian Cupcakes
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hour 15 min
Makes: 24 cupcakes
2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups miniature or regular semisweet chocolate chips
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy or Whipped vanilla frosting
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and 3 eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter among muffin cups (1/4 cup in each). Top each with 1 heaping teaspoon cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Makes 30 cupcakes
How about a Dalmatian-themed party? Serve cupcakes with chocolate chip ice cream, play “pin the spot on the dog,” and send kids home with a “doggie bag” full of dog-themed treats and prizes. Also, watch One Hundred And One Dalmations
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.