Red face Beef Tenderloin

Beef Tenderloin
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    5 garlic cloves, crushed
    3-lb center-cut beef tenderloin
    2 tbs olive oil, plus additional for grill grate
    2 tbs salt

1 tbs cracked pepper
    In small bowl, mix butter and garlic. Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Coat evenly with salt and pepper, patting gently into meat. Set aside at room temperature while preparing grill. Brush grill grate with oil. Place tenderloin on gas grill directly over high heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches directly over high-heat coals. Grill about 20 minutes for rare, 24 for medium-rare, 29 for medium or 32 for well-done, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with prepared garlic butter. Transfer tenderloin to carving board. Let rest 4 minutes. Slice into rounds. 6 servings = about 370 calories.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beef Tenderloin

This sounds so good right now! Too Bad I don't have the tenderloin right now!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beef Tenderloin

LOL! me either! LOL! this is one of those meals that I have to save for and/or watch the mark-down bins. a gazillion years ago, when I was married and made lots more money, this was something that we'd make when we had cookouts with the neighbors. we'd take turns and rotate every weekend. we didn't make it every time it was our turn...it was expensive back then, too! LOL! but it was the first thing that DEXH wanted to serve so I would do the prep and while he was doing the grilling and yakking with the men, the ladies would shift inside to keep me company while I finished up the side dishes.