Jambalaya

this is what I call a 'cheater' recipe, but you are camping! LOL! you can prep the meat and veggies at home and store in baggies in the cooler until you're ready to make it;-) Jambalaya:heart: 2 boxes of Jambalaya mix smoked sausage bell pepper 1 onion 1-2 cans black beans 2 tomatoes 2

black, boxes, bring, call, cans, cooler, cover, cups, heart, home, jambalaya, large, make, meat, minutes, prep, recipe, sauce, store, veggies, beans, water, sausage, oven, dutch, caps, packages, tabasco, optional, vegetable, boil, slice, 20-30, fully, cooked, serves, dice, turn, heat, tomatoes, ready, camping, baggies, jambalayaheart, onion, cheater, pepper, smoked, bell

Thread: Jambalaya

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Jambalaya

this is what I call a 'cheater' recipe, but you are camping! LOL! you can prep the meat and veggies at home and store in baggies in the cooler until you're ready to make it
    Jambalaya
    2 boxes of Jambalaya mix
    smoked sausage
    bell pepper
    1 onion
    1-2 cans black beans
    2 tomatoes
    2 cups water

tabasco sauce (optional)
    vegetable oil
    In a large sauce pan or Dutch oven, mix 2 cups water, 2 packages Jambalaya mix and 2 caps of oil and bring to a boil. Slice sausage, dice veggies and add beans. Turn down heat and cover for 20-30 minutes or until mix is fully cooked. Serves 8

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jambalaya

I don't camp much any more as we can just go to the other side of the lake and camp now but we use to take off for 3 to 5 days at a time to our state parks and camp out. Always packed the cooler with meat and veggies already prepped so we could just dump and cook meals quickly. I'm in process of making up cookbooks for my kids that breaks recipes down to wht they are used for. Out door cooking; recipes for when your broke and trying to get by on; Food storage recipes; Foods we eat during the holidays, ect. Thinking it will make some very special gifts for Christmas one of these near years!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love "Jambalaya" hope that someday or with this recipe I may out run my brothers jambalaya --- to die for for.. Yummy
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

what an excellent idea, Brchbell! my poor DD would make notes while I cooked and then make recipe cards. when my home burned down and I lost all of my documents, she rounded up family and friends that she knew had gotten many of my recipes that had been written down and presented me with an e-book so I'm back to 'organizing' the cookbook again...just wish I could get paid for the effort! LOL! fortunately, many of the recipes that I have been making since I was a wee one, were still in my memory bank and I've been dictating to myself! LOL! sometimes this can be a bit weird and my brain runs faster than my fingers. soooo if you ever see something that doesn't make any sense, let me know so that I can fix it! LOL! I do a copy/paste from word documents and sometimes I just don't proof it well

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

JoAnn, is this for campfire jambalaya or indoor? if it's for campfire, this recipe WILL give him a run for his money (even for a cheater!). if I didn't fix this when we went camping, DD said that the trip 'could've been better!' LOL! now if you're competing for an old family recipe to beat your brother's indoor recipe...just let me know...we'll kick butt! LOL!
    and I just realized that I forgot to mention that there's a slo-cooker version...dump everything in the pot and bury it in hot coals right after you clean up from breakfast. when you get back to camp, remove the pot, put a few logs on the fire, place pot on tri-pod or grate and heat to just before boiling -- about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally -- and then serve. flavors are much more intense

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

He has his recipe for indoor and camping... He has the devil too in him, so a little trick or two could really help..thanks for the help..
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"