Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Salad Recipe - 6 ww pts
- 8 medium corn tortillas, cut into 4 wedges each
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked, skinless, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers ( I used a combination of red, green and yellow peppers)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatillos
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, or Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos*
*If you donít like spicy, feel free to eliminate the jalapenos
NOTE: Try adding 1 cup cooked black beans to the recipe for some added protein and fiber, but add on one additional Point per serving, if you do.
Preheat oven to 400ļF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Arrange tortillas on baking sheet; spray tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
Arrange tortillas in bottom and up sides of 4 salad bowls, so that each bowl will have 8 tortilla wedges. Place 1/4 of lettuce, cilantro, chicken, tomatoes, black olives, bell peppers, onions, and tomatillos in each bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, salsa, cumin and pepper sauce. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Top with sliced jalapenos . Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Each serving = 6 Weight Watchers Points
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Chicken Grilled Chicken-Taco SaladBy rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
By mdowdy in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2009, 03:34 PM