Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Frugal sweet rolls

Dip the top of each unbaked bisciut in melted butter then in a mixture of cinnamon & sugar. Turn sugared side up & place in a baking pan with sides touching. Bake as per instructions. When done drizzle top with a powdered sugar glaze. I use either vanilla extract and milk or orange extract and orange juice to make the glaze. The orange is a particular favorite of mine. Experiment with this recipe to make it your own using nuts, raisins or any of the different extracts.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Janice Terrell For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Frugal sweet rolls

are we talking homemade or canned? if canned, any particular type of biscuit work better than another -- Texas style, butter-me-nots, grands, etc.?

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could certainly use homemade but when my kids were little and the stores ran canned biscuits at 10/$1, I used canned. It was also quicker for breakfast on school days. Any kind works but I was thinking about the kind that come apart in layers. You could open them up and put a little of the goodies in the middle - like butter, cinnanom & sugar, chopped nuts, raisins or fruit or whatever you choose. Hadn't thought about that before. You could experiment with the glaze, too. Try different juices. I'm wondering if you could use liquid jello (before it sets). If that works you could have any flavor glaze you wanted. Hmmmmm.....

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Janice this is great......I'll will be trying this one for sure. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're welcome Tonia. Now that I've been thinking about these today I'm in the mood to play around with them and see if I can come up with something new!!! Let me know how you like them.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

okay...now you've done it! putting the flaky biscuits on the list so when they're on sale... LOL!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You know - I've been thinking about these. Could you, maybe, put a tiny spoon of jelly between the layers sort of like jelly filled donuts? Or maybe it would melt and run out when they are baked. Maybe you could add the jelly after they are baked using a pastry bag with small tip? What do you think?

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure how it would work putting the jelly between layers, but if you made a dent in the top and filled it with jelly before baking it might taste similar to Kolachi's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast