Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-09-2009, 08:15 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Betty Crocker Chocolate-Orange Punch Bowl Cake
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 4 hours 5 min
Makes: 16 servings
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on cake mix box
4 cups milk
4 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 boxes (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup chocolate-flavor syrup
2 cans (15 oz each) mandarin orange segments, drained
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix milk and orange peel. With wire whisk, beat pudding mix into milk mixture about 2 minutes or until blended.
4. Cut or tear cooled cake into 1-inch pieces. Arrange half of pieces in 3 1/2-quart glass serving bowl, cutting pieces to fit shape of bowl. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the chocolate syrup over cake; spread with 2 cups of the pudding. Reserve 1/2 cup orange segments for garnish; arrange remaining orange segments over pudding. Add remaining cake pieces. Top with remaining chocolate syrup, remaining pudding and the whipped topping. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
5. Garnish dessert with reserved orange segments. Store covered in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Make cake mix following high altitude directions on box for 13x9-inch pan.
Do you like the flavor of white chocolate? Use white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix instead of vanilla.
If you don't have a bowl big enough to hold this crowd-size dessert, two smaller bowls will work just as well.
For an extra-special treat, decorate with chocolate-dipped orange segments. Dip half of each orange segment into melted chocolate and place on a waxed paper-covered cookie sheet. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Just before serving, arrange dipped oranges on top of dessert.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: