Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
4 small zucchini, diced
2 tsp kosher salt
2 T bsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ears corn, kernels sliced off
2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella or feta (optional)
1. Place diced zucchini in a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss and let stand 20 minutes. (This draws the excess liquid out of the zucchini.)
2. Transfer zucchini to a kitchen towel and pat dry. (This step is optional but worth the time: Drying zucchini prior to sautéing it keeps it from becoming watery, and I think this step removes its occasional bitterness.)
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes until soft. Do not brown.
4. Add zucchini and corn kernels. Saute 6 to 7 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
5. Add diced tomato; sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened and zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese if desired.
Tip: add leftover calibasita to scrambled eggs in the morning for a breakfast burrito. Add a dash of hot sauce, roll it up in a tortilla and hit the road!
08-29-2009, 06:29 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
OOH! Sounds so good!