Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-05-2009, 10:21 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Crock Pot Beef Round Braised With Tomato & Herbs
• 1/2 (3 lb) boneless bottom round roast, trimmed of fat
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
• 1 garlic clove, minced (or pressed)
• 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
• 1/2 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
• 1/8 cup dry red wine
• chopped parsley
• Sprinkle pepper on all sides of beef.
Heat oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; add beef and brown well on all sides.
Meanwhile, in a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, carrot, garlic, and herb seasoning.
In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and wine; set aside.
Place beef on top of onion mixture.
Pour tomato sauce mixture over beef. Cover and cook at low setting until beef is very tender when pierced (8 to 10 hours).
Lift beef to a warm platter and keep warm.
Skim and discard fat from sauce, if necessary.
To serve, slice beef across the grain. Spoon some of thw sauce over meat; garnish with parsley.
Serve remaining sauce separately.
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
Re: Crock Pot Beef Round Braised With Tomato & Herbs
Thanks for the recipe. I'm definately going to be trying this one.