Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Herbed Top Round Roast
08-05-2009, 10:14 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Herbed Top Round Roast
• 1/2 cup red wine
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tablespoon thyme
• 1 tablespoon rosemary
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 lbs top round roast
• 5 garlic cloves, halved
• 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 2 pieces bacon, cooked (not crispy)
1. Pour the red wine and water into the slow cooker crock; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the herbs, pepper, salt, and olive oil; stir to combine. Using clean hands, rub the oil and herb mixture all over the beef roast. Place the roast into the slow cooker crock. Sprinkle the garlic and onions aroudn the raost and lay the bacon strips over the top of the roast.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
4. Before serving, flip the roast over in the slow cooker, then turn the slow cooker off and let the roast rest in the slow cooker for about 15 minutes. Remove roast to a platter and let it drain for a few minutes.
5. To serve, use a sharp knife to slice the meat against the grain. If you like, dip the roast slices into the cooking juices before serving, or serve the cooking juices alongside the beef.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:
By Virginia in forum Cooking for TwoReplies: 5Last Post: 01-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Main Dish Super Yummy Top Round Roast and PotatoesBy rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
By rtebalt in forum St. Patricks DayReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
By Niddi in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-14-2008, 10:22 AM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:16 PM