Ebay Seller

Hi, I have no idea if the owners of this website will be at all interested- or if this is even the right place to mention it. But there is a seller on ebay going by the name of suthrnjewl. This lady sells natural cosmetic recipes and the like which she claims are her own and that she holds all

chi, complain, day, ebay, file, free, hat, hey, internet, lots, offered, people, seller, steal, stuff, submission, submit, thank you, thing, years, recipes, rights, websites, automated, emails, send, useless, idea, specifically, site, hosted, valentines, concerns-, contacted, category, not-, lovely, inform, generously, host, information, curteous, care, ideas, sold, thought, business, hold, one-, claims

Thread: Ebay Seller

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ebay Seller

Hi,

I have no idea if the owners of this website will be at all interested- or if this is even the right place to mention it. But there is a seller on ebay going by the name of suthrnjewl. This lady sells natural cosmetic recipes and the like which she claims are her own and that she holds all legal rights to them.
    However after viewing several of them- in my opinion they have simply been cut and pasted from various free websites that I frequent.
    One of which happens to be this one- several sets of 'books' are exact copies of recipes and ideas hosted on this site, specifically from your valentine's day category.
    I have contacted ebay with my concerns- but they are as useless as the automated emails they send out. Whether you actually hold rights to these or not- or indeed even care that they are being sold is entirely your own business.

I however thought it curteous to at least inform you along with the other lovely websites that generously host such information.

Thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zeil For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ebay Seller

Thank you very much for submitting this. The day of your submission we contacted ebay to file a formal complaint - they are launching an investigation. We've also contacted an attorney. Unfortunately their are lots of thieves like this on the internet that steal from people. The sad thing is she is charging for stuff that we have offered for free to people for nearly 10 years.

Thank you for your diligence- your help is truly appreciated.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's such a shame. I thought I remembered reading somewhere, though, that recipes are not copyrighted, but the directions to them are. It doesn't make any sense to me that someone can just swipe a recipe and then re-word the directions and pass it off as their own. Oh well.
    My Blogs:
    Light For My Path ~ thelightformypath.blogspot.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KIFL1974 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh i see
    what a shame

I only use ebay to buy textbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to danghsia For This Useful Post: