still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up FYI - GREAT Food Budget Stretcher

Just an FYI - Ever heard of Angel Food? It's not based on your income, or affliated with any specific religion. It IS a great way to stretch a food budget and the food quality if wonderful! This is the only way we can afford strip or rib eye steaks.. The $30.00 signature box they offer, which changes monthly, is well worth at least double the price.

Check out their site with the link below to see if there is a host site near you....

Welcome - Angel Food Ministries

Have a Great Day
    Ellen

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kristalldrache For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FYI - GREAT Food Budget Stretcher

I think there is already a thread on Angel Food - not sure where though but many of us have tried it already. It really is a great way to save money! I did it a few times but honestly I was turned off by the meat quality, and since have become vegetarian. So it doesn't work for me anymore anyways. I kind of wish I could get a discounted meat-free box of all the veggies, cookies, rice, etc. that it includes!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, you never know...maybe they will add that in the future. I just noticed they now have an allergen-free box you can order (I didn't see that before).

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is also a semi-volunteer program not related to this one called SHARE. It is aimed at the very poor, but accepts anyone, no income restrictions. But like this one, it requires a payment and small volunteer work. It can be as simple as helping a neighbor. The food is of very high quality. And they offer special boxes during the year for holidays, etc. Plus special meat boxes. All the meat etc. is frozen. They also have a vegetarian one which usually includes a frozen vegetarian entree. I used to get at least one box per month. It was more than worth the money. You may have to check google by state but I did find this:

SHARE Food Network

Catherine
    Last edited by angoras2love; 07-22-2009 at 03:18 AM. Reason: add facts

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angel Food Ministries is very active up here in our neck of the woods. They do alot good work.
    Cleaning house is like shoveling snow during a blizzard; A Waste Of Time
    Michelle- Northern Michigan