Baked Bean or Black Bean Leftovers- Left Over Layering

An easy way to 'recycle' black beans or baked beans...say a cup or so left over is to brown a pound and a half to two pounds of ground beef, pork or a mixture of both add a chopped medium onion. Drain this well add a can of tomato soup with half cup of water and the left over beans. Mix well turn

baked, bean, beans, black, bra, brand, bread, change, chilies, corn, cornbread, hat, kid, leftover, leftovers, night, store, tomatoes, topping, type, mixture, dish, water, baking, left, brown, half, degrees, creamed, 15oz, milk, spread, evenly, minutes, meat, bake, golden, sliced, salad, serves, bubbly, edges, cheese, shredded, till, tomato, drain, soup, recycle, onion

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Baked Bean or Black Bean Leftovers

An easy way to 'recycle' black beans or baked beans...say a cup or so left over is to brown a pound and a half to two pounds of ground beef, pork or a mixture of both add a chopped medium onion. Drain this well add a can of tomato soup with half cup of water and the left over beans. Mix well turn into a 3 quart baking dish. Top with the following mixed together well:

1 pkg corn bread mix (Jiffy)
    1 Egg
    2 Tbls Oil
    1/2 Cup Milk or water
    1 15oz can of Creamed Corn

Spread this evenly over the meat mixture in baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes till golden brown and bubbly around edges...may top with shredded cheese....

Serves 4 to 6 Add a salad or sliced tomatoes and you're set!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kristalldrache For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Baked Bean or Black Bean Leftovers

I made this last night, with leftover kidney beans, and it was amazing!

The only change I made - other than the type of bean - was that instead of a can of corn, I put a can of store-brand rotel (tomatoes/chilies) in the cornbread topping.

Yummo!

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Re: Baked Bean or Black Bean Leftovers

Glad you liked it!! A hit at my house...and as you found it IS very versatile.