Veal with Artichoke Hearts

here's another 'special' meal because veal is costly. I always look for it in the mark-down bin and squirrel it away in my freezer;-) Veal with Artichoke Hearts 2 veal scallopini 1/4 cup flour 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, quartered, and save the marinade 2 tbs olive oil Salt and pepper

artichoke, buttered, cup, dish, extra, heart, hearts, lemon, marina, marinated, meal, minutes, noodles, rice, save, skillet, special, veal, white, wine, heat, flour, marinade, parsley, lightly, olive, gently, stirring, cook, place, overcook, remove, warmed, warm, artichokes, serve, sprinkle, briefly, immediately, scrape, side, juice, browned, return, bits, salt, pepper, juiced, costly, quartered

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Veal with Artichoke Hearts

here's another 'special' meal because veal is costly. I always look for it in the mark-down bin and squirrel it away in my freezer
    2 veal scallopini
    1/4 cup flour
    2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, quartered, and save the marinade
    2 tbs olive oil
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 lemon, juiced

1/4 cup white vermouth
    1 tbs parsley
    Lightly season both sides of scaloppini and flour lightly, shaking off excess. Heat 2 tbs of artichoke marinade and olive oil over medium heat. Saute veal for two minutes on each side. Do not overcook! Remove to warm dish. Place artichokes in skillet. Add extra oil if necessary, cook, stirring gently, until warmed through. Add lemon juice and wine and scrape up browned bits. Return veal to pan and heat everything together briefly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with rice or buttered noodles.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Veal with Artichoke Hearts

Love veal, used to make Wiener Schnitzel. Been a long time since I've found any on sale. Your recipe sounds so good and I have a jar of artichoke hearts still in the pantry. May have to bite the bullet and buy just enough for a meal for DH and me. Thanks for sharing.
    Niddi

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Veal with Artichoke Hearts

my DEXH loves veal, too. when I wanted to do something special just for us and I found it on sale (or marked down), I'd break out the candles and we'd have a romantic dinner.