Getting rid of poison ivy

Hi, My next door neighbour refuses to cut their trees due to cost and work involved, this is very annoying as leaves fall in my drive, tree sap on my car and the roots are pushing up my paving slabs. His tree is totally covered in poison ivy which is a problem. I'm thinking of sneaking

car, cost, couple, covered, cut, cutting, door, drive, fall, ivy, kill, king, nails, poison, problem, rid, thinking, trees, work, tree, banging, copper, sneaking, involved, annoying, neighbour, refuses, leaves, paving, slabs, pushing, roots

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting rid of poison ivy

Hi,

My next door neighbour refuses to cut their trees due to cost and work involved, this is very annoying as leaves fall in my drive, tree sap on my car and the roots are pushing up my paving slabs.

His tree is totally covered in poison ivy which is a problem.

I'm thinking of sneaking over and cutting the poison ivy off myself or banging a couple of copper nails into the tree. Can anyone tell me if this will kill the poison ivy as well?

If not, what would be the best way to get rid of the poison ivy?

thx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to largeinnit For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Getting rid of poison ivy

Quote Originally Posted by largeinnit View Post
    Hi,

My next door neighbour refuses to cut their trees due to cost and work involved, this is very annoying as leaves fall in my drive, tree sap on my car and the roots are pushing up my paving slabs.

His tree is totally covered in poison ivy which is a problem.

I'm thinking of sneaking over and cutting the poison ivy off myself or banging a couple of copper nails into the tree. Can anyone tell me if this will kill the poison ivy as well?

If not, what would be the best way to get rid of the poison ivy?

thx
    Banging Copper nails into the tree will most definitely KILL the tree, but it will not have any effect whatsoever on the poison ivy.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Getting rid of poison ivy

My bil takes a small hatchet and chops the poison ivy at the ground. its the only way i have seen work.