Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings

Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings

POST Removed due to complaints, as it violates Copyright.

case, cuttings, day, email, family, form, hat, ice, issue, mac, note, plan, plants, post, site, stem, ticke, ticket, tomato, years, complaints, copyright, violates, removed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings

Important Moderator Note POST Removed due to complaints, as it violates Copyright.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings

I just did this last week by accident. I was trying to move a branch to better secure it and it broke. I was busy working so I don't know what prompted me to poke a hole in the soil of a pot next to me, but I did and stuck the broken branch in to the hole and then forgot about it until about 2 days later and I noticed it had not wilted. I watered it along with my other plants and I now have a whole new tomato plant growing with flowers on it.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you JoAnn, this is great information to know. I've accidently broken stems off of my tomato plants before. Now I know what to do with them.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

mcnerd,

I did about the same thing--
    I was trying to move a branch to better secure it and it broke
    but put the branches off to the side for the compost pile--and the neighbor told me about the whole process. I'll take cutting from house plants and start them in a cup of water--but never thought about the garden plants, starting them in soil from broken stems or branches..All in all I have 3 extra tomato plants I guess some accidents do happen for reasons..
    JoAnn

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tonia,
    You are very welcome.. I had to share this one--reminds me that I do learn something new everyday..
    JoAnn

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I've tried to contact you via email about this information, but had no luck.

Unfortunately, this article was lifted from my page on Vegetable Gardener dot com (see link below). I make my living from these articles and I don't know if you're aware that it's illegal to take articles from other sites without the copyright owner's permission. It's okay to post a couple of sentences and then link back to the original article, however.

Please remove the content.

LINK REMOVED DUE TO THREATS TO SITE.

Thanks,

Chris McLaughlin
    duchessofdirt@yahoo.com

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, JoAnn, if I had posted enough I would also send you a thank you for this post.
    I wonder if it would work for other plants - like peppers.
    My mind is whirling about thinking about why this is good to know and what can be done with it.
    #1 - the obvious - doing exactly what you did - fixing an accident.
    #2 - what if you have a really rare, hard to get, or expensive plant? Instead of paying big bucks for more, if even possible to get, break a couple stems off and get a few more plants.
    #3 - extend the time of getting fruit from determinate plants. If you have a favorite tomato that is a determinate variety, you could plant 5 (or how ever many) and a few weeks later break off a stem and root it, then again in a few weeks.
    #4 - if you find a plant that you just HAVE to have, and it's too expensive or there is only one, buy it and take it home and disassemble it and have several from one.
    HMMMMMM.....thinking here.
    I LIKE THIS INFO!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Carol B

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stolen Content

I have tried to contact you through email as well as leaving a comment on your site about this subject. Apparently, I'm being ignored.

The article you have posted about tomato plant cuttings was written by me and lifted from my page Site Removed .com
    LINK REMOVED, OFFENDING CONTENT REMOVED.

This material is copyrighted by me and it needs to be removed immediately. Clearly, you realize by now that this is illegal for you to do and my next course of action will be to petition your server to take down your entire website as well as inform Google to longer allow you to use Adsense on your site.

If you think this can't happen, trust me, I've done it before and I'll not hesitate to do so again.

Chris McLaughlin
    duchessofdirt@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast