Hi from Michigan

Hi from Michigan

:bounce: I am sooo excited about this website. I have enjoyed many hours already, but first I must thank whatever goddess it was that fixed my inability to start a thread. My name is Darcie and I live in Michigan with my husband and two dogs. My husband and I usually travel about six months

canada, cold, craft, enjoy, forward, future, hate, hope, information, joy, lot, love, michigan, ohio, postings, share, site, sounds, time, warm, live, husband, knit, machine, pantry, year, life, start, make, xmas, hoping, blankies, friends, laugh, happier, rarely, needles, quilt, local, looms, person, survivor, stuff, cancer, friend, true, ideas, you050, sharing, saving

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hi from Michigan

I am sooo excited about this website. I have enjoyed many hours already, but first I must thank whatever goddess it was that fixed my inability to start a thread.

My name is Darcie and I live in Michigan with my husband and two dogs. My husband and I usually travel about six months of the year in our motorhome but for the last two years we were taking care of his father. It was very rewarding personally but very very hard work.

I read between 3-5 books a week and about a dozen mags, (or life is very laid back). I have a pantry to die for, and if the grocery stores were to close tomorrow, I could survive a lonnnng time. lol. I spend about a half hour a day just tracking the pantry. I love a good buy and I buy smart (most of the time) I have already started to prepare for next winter. I hate the cold, so the less I'm in it the happier I am. Friends laugh at me, but I rarely run out of anything. lol

I love to quilt (machine), and knit. I knit with a machine as well as with needles and looms. This xmas is the year of the blankies. I have ten out of 22 done and I'm hoping to make some for the local nursing home.

I don't use boxtops or labels, but I am willing to save them for anyone who wants them. Let me know what you want and I'll start saving, or take them off stuff. lol

I'm a cancer survivor and live life being the best person I can be, the best friend, and true to myself.

Looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darcel For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hi from Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Darcel View Post

I'm a cancer survivor and live life being the best person I can be, the best friend, and true to myself.
    You are truely blessed
    I would like to welcome ya aboard.
    And send ya some southern hospitality
    from Nashville.
    Glad to see you have found your way around pretty good!
    Looking to some more threads from you!
    Penny Pincher

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Darcie,
    Welcome to a great site as you have already discovered. Sounds like you could give us all some great hints and advice. I look forward to your post.
    Niddi

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Darcie....Welcome from Canada! You sound like you keep busy, you will have to join the craft group and post some pictures.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Darcel,
    Hello and a Warm Welcome from Ohio. Do hope you share more of your happenings with all of us here.... So looking forward to your future postings here...
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paw Re: Hi from Michigan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been spending alot of time reading the website and I'm speechless (that's a first), such wonderful exchanges of ideas and info. In this day and age it is nice to see a place where the people aren't swearing at each other or belittling each other. Very nice website...looking forward to many more hours of good time and good friends.

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a lot of information you could share with us . I hate the cold also and would love nothing more than not having to go out in it. Hope you enjoy your time here and share more.