I need inspiration!

I need inspiration!

For the last 5 months I have been faithfully making out my menus for anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks in advance. Suddenly I feel like I have hit a brick wall! I just can't seem to plan even 1 day in advance! Even when I look at my old menu calendars I feel like I'm drawing a blank. Anyone else have

big, bowl, butter, cheese, cook, dogs, double, eating, garlic, grilled, hat, home, hot, kitchen, leftover, noodles, recipe, salad, steak, week, feel, advance, drawing, nice, problem, blank, hand, baking, bread, crazy, calendars, weather, menus, making, faithfully, inspiration, months, weeks, suddenly, plan, brick, wall, menu

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I need inspiration!

For the last 5 months I have been faithfully making out my menus for anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks in advance. Suddenly I feel like I have hit a brick wall! I just can't seem to plan even 1 day in advance! Even when I look at my old menu calendars I feel like I'm drawing a blank. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe it's just the nice weather and I don't want to cook any more! On the other hand, I have been baking bread like crazy!
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FruGal For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by FruGal View Post
    Maybe it's just the nice weather and I don't want to cook any more!
    I can relate to that! The warm weather makes the house warmer. I do let DH do ALOT of grilled/smokes food outside during the warmer months.

I can only wish that i could plan a menu for weeks at a time.
    I think that is awsome to plan a menu like you have done.I'm sure you will get back into it, maybe it's just of those days.

And when or if you do get your menu's going again..please post them.
    Sorry i couldnt be much of a help,but i do know there are many different varities(fruits veggies) now in the store with the summer month's here.

I hope ya get your groove back, i am very interested in seeing your menu's.
    Good Luck
    Penny Pincher

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try some double duty meals to keep your self out of the kitchen. I also like meals that last like a big bowl of tuna macaroni salad chilled with tomatos or chilli. Those are just my two faverites. Double duty is like this week we grilled hottdogs. DH has been eating them at work and tomarow ill be useing them to make mack and cheese with hottdogs. I picked up steak for pepper steak recipe a neibour gave me and only used half the steak. Ill cook the rest that I have seasoned with steak season and garlic and serv it with butter noodles and leftover corn on the cob from with the hottdogs. I am trying to make more meals at home my self but its always a fight with DH

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel like we eat the same few meals over and over again. LOL.

I am just getting tired of it...plus I want to cut down our budget. I need some help, too. Can more people post their menus, please?
    Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess part of my problem is who I'm cooking for! There's my husband and me; our two adult sons; our two grandchildren; and sometimes our daughter. All have different tastes! I would love to make some nice, simple meals with tuna or hot dogs, but most of them won't touch either! Picky eaters! Of course, I have threatened to make just casseroles (which they hate) in the hopes of "inspiring" them to move out! =)
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get inispiration by watching coking shows or hangingout at the foodnetwork website. I love to cook and try new things. I guess that's why my grocery bill is so high. I go shopping because I just saw a really great recipe and I have to make it, now. I'm learning to put my really great recipe on the back burner for when the ingredients are on sale. Lately I've just been "winging it" with what we have not really planning anything.
    I hope you find your inspiration.

Nicole in Ca

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

The plan is if they complain then they cook. Its what I tell DH and he stoped complaining. What about getto gouloush.

Make several cups of macaroni noodles and cook the ground meat of your choice ex: sasage,turcky,beef... Layer noodles with spegetti sauce and meat then cheese slices. make two layers like this and cook till top cheese is slightly browned. Dh is a picky eater but loves this.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, found out today that my grocery budget has been made smaller again, as dh's check is basically cut in half. Seriously.

So...how to do with picky eaters?
    Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment.