Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Breakfast Burrito Wraps
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Breakfast Burrito Wraps
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black pepper
1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 strips bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
4 8-inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (2 ounces)
1. In a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper with a wire whisk or fork. If desired, stir in cilantro. In a 10-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges. With a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Stir in bacon and green onion. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat immediately.
2. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to package directions. Divide egg mixture among tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, top with salsa. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla over the egg mixture. Fold in the sides. Makes 4 burrito wraps.
3. Ham and Artichoke Burrito: Prepare as above except omit the salsa. Substitute 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian parsley for the cilantro; 2 ounces chopped cooked ham or prosciutto for the bacon; one 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, for the green onions; and 2 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded, for the Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Salami and Provolone Burritos: Prepare as above except omit the salsa. Add 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil in place of the cilantro. Add 2 ounces chopped salami in place of the bacon; 1/2 cup roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped, in place of the green onions; and 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded, in place of the Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Turkey and Smoked Cheddar Burrito: Prepare as above except omit the green onion. Substitute 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley for the cilantro; 4 ounces shredded cooked turkey or chicken for the bacon; and 2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded, for the Monterey Jack cheese. To assemble, divide 1 cup fresh baby spinach among tortillas; add egg mixture. If desired, top with salsa.
Calories 325, Total Fat (g) 11, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 37, Sodium (mg) 1038, Carbohydrate (g) 30, Fiber (g) 3, Protein (g) 26, Calcium (DV%) 23, Iron (DV%) 19, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
By CountryGrl21 in forum Dirt Cheap DinnersReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2009, 02:07 PM
By rtebalt in forum Breakfast IdeasReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
By jkpjohnson in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2009, 07:58 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2008, 04:17 AM