Organizing Store Membership/Savings Cards

Hi Ladies! I thought I'd pass on this great tip that a salesgirl gave me. I have many store membership/savings cards. We have a great outlet mall right down the road & I have gotten lots of store cards there. If you use them you can really save money! Some examples of cards that I have are:

baseball, big, card, cards, check, clear, coupons, extra, hand, hat, large, membership, organizing, pages, plastic, register, savings, store, taking, time, wallet, great, thought, pass, searching, salesgirl, bali, album, photo, ladies, frust membership/savings, size, book, cute, leather, carries, target, booklet, idea, small, found, hubbie, section, front, tons, stuffed, guys, creative, tidbit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Organizing Store Membership/Savings Cards

Hi Ladies! I thought I'd pass on this great tip that a salesgirl gave me. I have many store membership/savings cards. We have a great outlet mall right down the road & I have gotten lots of store cards there. If you use them you can really save money! Some examples of cards that I have are:
    grocery store cards (of course! )
    Izod
    Borders Bookstore
    AC Moore
    Hallmark
    Eddie Bauer
    Bali
    Jockey
    TGI Fridays
    Chick-fil-a (card to get stamped 6 times & then you get a free sandwich)
    and many other cards

It began to get frustrating when I would go to a store & not remember that I had a membership card for that store, or either I would spend 5 minutes in line searching through my wallet for the right card. Frustrating!!!

Anywy, while I was at Bali the other day - searching for my savings card - I mentioned how annoying it can get & the salesgirl told me that a lady had come in with a little booklet with all of her membership cards in it. What a great idea!!! So hubbie & I went to Target & found a small photo album in the photo album section. Its a cute little leather book that carries wallet size photes & has a snap on the front. It cost between $3.00 & $4.00. Works perfectly! Now I just pull it out of my purse & quickly flip through to find the right card. And now my wallet is not stuffed to the max with tons of cards either!

I'm sure some of you ladies already do this. - You guys are so creative! But I thought I would pass this little tidbit on to anyone who hasn't thought of it yet.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Organizing Store Membership/Savings Cards

Thank you! I work retail at a store that has a club card. I have spent many hours waiting for people to attempt to find their cards. Passing this idea on will help the customers, and the employees.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Re: Organizing Store Membership/Savings Cards

What a great idea. I can take them off my key ring and maybe then it won't it won't be so cluttered...
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use something similar except I bought a business card holder for mine. I bet the photo album looks better! *grin*

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been doing this for years. For the little keychain tags I keep them on a separate key chain to grab if I'm just running out & not taking the entire "album" of cards. I'm so happy you are sharing this idea...it's a super one. I file my cards alphabetically; you could also do it in order of how you approach them if you go to a particular mall on a regular basis.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I must be out of the loop, I only have 3 (Best Buy, Dicks Sporting Goods, Borders). Forgot I have 4, the 4th being Pet Smart.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jkpjohnson View Post
    I must be out of the loop, I only have 3 (Best Buy, Dicks Sporting Goods, Borders). Forgot I have 4, the 4th being Pet Smart.
    No, don't feel left out. To be fair, I live a couple of minutes from Premium Outlets, so I have an Izod card, Eddie Bauer, Jockey, Bali, etc. But I also put those little coupon cards that I get from Bath & Body Works in there (otherwise I forget I have them) - or the little cards from Victoria Secret for a free panty. I also put the Chick-fil-a stamp cards in there. (You know, every once in a while they give you a card that you can have stamped every time you buy a chicken sandwich. Once you've bought 4, you get the fifth on free.) It helps me remember when I go to the mall to check what "freebies" or good deals I can get.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I live within 5 miles of The Mall of America, I guess I just do not shop that often (unless you count the thrift store, which does not have a discount card). Can use the idea for resturant coupons.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast