2 person gerocerie budget?

2 person gerocerie budget?

I couldent figure whear else to post this and here seemed a good place. My question is "how much dose everyone spend weekely on a two person gerocerie bill?" I spend $50 a week. When we buy geroceries. Only problem is Dh is addicted to Mc donalds. Any tips on keeping him in for dinner?

200, bought, budget, budget101, coupons, deals, family, featured, forum, galore, groceries, grocery, las, mon, month, person, print, site, week, worth, gerocerie, spend, geroceries, problem, dinner, keeping, tips, addicted, bill, donalds, post, whear, couldent, figure, good, dose, weekely, place, question

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2 person gerocerie budget?

I couldent figure whear else to post this and here seemed a good place.

My question is "how much dose everyone spend weekely on a two person gerocerie bill?" I spend $50 a week. When we buy geroceries. Only problem is Dh is addicted to Mc donalds. Any tips on keeping him in for dinner?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2 person gerocerie budget?

well we used to have a budget of $300 just for the 2 of us! how insane!!! LOL''

when i re-did our budget this year, we now have a $80/month food budget. i know that may sound steep to some but i can make it happen!! it's already the 18th of january and i've only spent $34!!! wahoo!

3. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chevy_chick95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2 person grocery budget?

I can't speak for 2, but for our family of 5 our budget is $200 a month. We use the Coupons Galore forum to find deals and I print coupons from http://www.budget101.com/coupons.htm

Last week I bought $168 worth of groceries for $38 and I was featured in the Deal of the week on the site.
    CC,

Yeah, This is my life now!

5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Candace For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2 person gerocerie budget?

WOW! im way overspending for the two of us. with us both working 10 hr shifts togather I tend to buy conveint foods. Any tips on meals I can make and have at work? DH gets sick of reheated foods.

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some of the things we have taken to work in the past include: Those cheap freezer meals, TV dinners, baked potatoes with various toppings (cheese, bacon, chili, brocolli, etc.), Salads with things like leftover steak, shrimp, etc., bagel sandwiches, leftovers, cheese/summer sausage/crackers with fruit, cereal, oatmeal, cup o soup, ravioli, mac n cheese, and anything canned/boxed/canned that could be microwaved.

I also used to take a mini crock pot in the break room and put it on High for 4 hours. I would build my crock pot meal at home, then just transport it to work, plug it in when I got there and it would be ready to eat by lunch time. You can buy a mini crock pot very cheap at many places. I started doing this and it became such a hit that each day the office staff would rotate and make enough for everyone to share. It gave us all some yummy homemade meals plus you got to eat free quite a bit. So it was a win win.

*We spend about $100 a month for the two of us, including an occasional meal out.
    Last edited by JennyCup; 09-23-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to Add...

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to JennyCup For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have found sandwich makers are a hit with DH. We bought one at biglots for$10.

I have made

Pigs in a blanket

cinnamon crescents

tuna melts

casadias

hott sandwiches

I am going to experimant with some other ideas too. so far he has enjoyed it all.

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure since i just live my own recently. It been 2 months and so far
    it half bag of rice, about 1 carton of noddle, 2 dozen eggs, and about 20$ meat and vegie

not all food is eaten yet

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to danghsia For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm... I must still be doing something wrong, but I'm working on it!

Before I came here, we spent $150 every 2 weeks, about $300 a month (for two of us).

Now with all the coupons, I go about twice a week to the store and I don't spend too much since I'm only buying sale items with my coupons - but I just calculated my food budget so far and i've spent $99 for the 2 weeks in november so far. So that IS better than $150 and we still have groceries left. And I ordered the angel food for $48 which we pick up next saturday, so if we can make it til then, the total for the month will be $150 instead of $300 like before!

About lunches, I take frozen Lean Cuisines or whatever I can get on sale, and if I have any leftovers I always eat those first for lunch. He never eats lunch til he gets home so we dont worry about that (well maybe I do but I cant force him!).

And for dinners, I'll have frozen meat and meals if I want to prepare something that takes longer to make. Or if I have school that night, then I'll make something easy. Like last night, I popped it one of those Birds Eye Steamers dinners that cooks in the microwave for 10 minutes and I got on sale last week. It was good and fast to eat - and it was only about $5 so $2.50 for each of us!

About McDonalds, what we used to do since we get crazy cravings to go out to eat all the time... is we would go to McDonalds on Wednesdays (or Sundays) and buy about 10 49 cent burgers. It was really cheap, not healthy at all, but helped curb the cravings in a cheap way so you dont break the bank! And that way we weren't as tempted to go out to a fancy meal either on the weekend since we already went out to eat during the week.

15. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast