still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 8 extra saving tips

Allow me to introduce a few more tips of my personal list:

1. Put a small bucket in the corner of your shower. You don't need every corner of your shower and the water that splashes of your body (or past your body, cause a lot of water doesn't get to your skin but goes right next to it) gets collected in the bucket. You can use this water to flush the toilet or clean the house with (it'll smell great of shower gel aswell ). Do the same when you are waiting for the tab water to get warm (collect the cold water that you don't need). Put the bucket in the bathroom, this way you'll never forget and free water will always be available to clean/flush the toilet.

2. When you feel cold in your house, don't put the heathing up but go and tidy up. While running around and tidying up, your body heaths up and often you'll be warm whilst at first you were icecold!

3. Buy presents in advance when you find something cheap but cool. I often buy presents a year in advance when there are sales, when I forget to buy presents and have to buy something last minute I find myself spending a lot more money.

4. Use candles instead of lights. It makes a cosy atmosphere, gives you warmth and doesn't use a lot of energy when you buy the candles in discount and/or bulk.

5. Go and eat out at your parents their house or parents in law; when you eat there you don't have to pay the food, don't have to put the heathing up and don't have to put on any lights

6. When they give something away for free at a stand in a warehouse or anything, go past the stand several times and by the time you leave the warehouse you have eaten breakfast/lunch/dinner, depending on when you went to the supermarket.

7. Trade seeds or buy them from someone you know or on the internet, instead of buying them in a garden shop or warehouse! Even with forwarding-charges I often do better deals buying seeds of people than buying them in a garden shop.

8. Get some chicken in your garden! They give you free eggs and you can feed them all the food waist that you would normally have to buy dirt bags for. So free eggs + less dirt bags needed!

Tada! My extra saving-tips
    Last edited by Ulrike; 04-23-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Greets

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ulrike For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 8 extra saving tips

[QUOTE=Ulrike;116251]Allow me to introduce a few more tips of my personal list:

1. Put a small bucket in the corner of your shower. You don't need every corner of your shower and the water that splashes of your body gets collected in the bucket. You can use this water to flush the toilet or clean the house with (it'll smell great of shower gel aswell ). Do the same when you are waiting for the tab water to get warm (collect the cold water that you don't need). Put the bucket in the bathroom, this way you'll never forget and free water will always be available to clean/flush the toilet.

This is a nice tip, never would have thought to try something like this.

2. When you feel cold in your house, don't put the heathing up but go and tidy up. While running around and tidying up, your body heaths up and often you'll be warm whilst at first you were icecold!

I tried this, and it does work well.

4. Use candles instead of lights. It makes a cosy atmosphere, gives you warmth and doesn't use a lot of energy when you buy the candles in discount and/or bulk.

I always have extra candles, for just in case. Never know when you might need them.
    6. When they give something away for free at a stand in a warehouse or anything, go past the stand several times and by the time you leave the warehouse you have eaten breakfast/lunch/dinner, depending on when you went to the supermarket.

We have shopping clubs here that do that to, my kids love to try out all the samples. When we leave we aren't hungry anymore.
    Last edited by tsgal; 04-23-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 8 extra saving tips

Lol, you have shopping clubs who do that? I try to "wander past" the free samples without anyone noticing I've been there before though, I think a whole club doing that would catch the eye, no? hihi

And the shower trick does work too, especially with kids there's a lot of water that doesn't spray onto them but next to them and this way not all is lost
    Greets